Dept. of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Medico-legal and forensic pathology services the public, patients and the doctors.
- Legal-medicine consultancy and referral services to the clinicians, to the judiciary, the law enforcement agencies like Central Bureau of Investigation, the police, Forensic Scientists and the public at large.
- Medicolegal management of the women and child sex related offence cases at One-step crisis centre management.
- Medicolegal consultancy & management of Cadaveric/brain-dead organ donation cases.
- Teaching activities encompass the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes for medical, nursing and paramedical courses.
- Training programmes for postgraduate and paramedical students in the form of time to time workshops, CMEs and Conferences. We organise national/state level talks, teaching seminars and forums from time to time in the advancement of knowledge and continuing education in law, medicine and forensic sciences
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with the clinicians, the police, lawyers, and forensic scientists for the unhindered administration of justice. This is to liaise with other national bodies in legal medicine and forensic sciences for the advancement of medico-legal knowledge
- We educate the public and students regarding the legal medicine and forensic pathology services through time to time public exhibitions and galleries.
- To do all such acts and things as are incidental or subsidiary to all or any of the above.