DEPARTMENT OF BIOSTATISTICS - JIPMER
- Programmes Offered in the Department:
- M.Sc. Biostatistics
- Ph.D Scholars (Full Time)
- Regular Teaching:
Department is undertaking teaching of Biostatistics and Research Methodology to the students of the following courses.
- MSc. Nursing
- MSc. Medical Biochemistry
- MSc. Medical Physiology
- Post Basic Diploma in Nursing
- Ph.D course work
- B.Sc. MLT
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Bachelors of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP)
Training Programmes and Workshop Conducted by the Department
Research training Initiatives for Residents/ Students
- 2 Days orientation Program on Research Methodology and Biostatistics for 1st Year MD/MS during proposal writing – Two batches/Twice/Year
- 3 Days workshop on Statistical Analysis of data for final year MD/MS with their own data - Twice/Year
- 2 Days orientation program on Research Methodology and Biostatistics for 1st year DM/MCh during proposal writing.
- 2 Days Orientation program on Research Methodology and Biostatistics for MSc Allied Health Science students.
- Workshop on Basic Biostatistics for Undergraduate students.
Faculty research capacity building Initiative
JIPMER Research Leadership Mentoring Program- JRLMP
- To be the best in mentoring health science and medical researchers.
- To develop an excellent programme to mentor health science faculty into research.
- To generate a well-trained group of researchers to lead basic and applied research in health sciences at National and International level.
- To generate a pool of future health science research mentors.
- Facilitate to establish a Pan India network of medical researchers.
- Launched in 2017
- First Batch: 2017-2018: 25 faculty members (all from JIPMER) – Conducted in whole year, 2 days in alternative months (six pre-planned modules) along with number of add on modules on different topics.
- Second batch: 2019: 30 faculty members; Conducted in two phases of 5 days each (11 from JIPMER, 17 from various AIIMS, 2 from other institutes)
- Third Batch: 2019-2020: 30 faculty members; Conducted in two phases of 5 days each (8 from JIPMER, 13 from various AIIMS; 2 from NCDC, Ministry of health and family welfare, and 7 from other institutes)